Tuesday 10 April 2012

What have you learnt from your Audience Feedback?



Throughout the process, feedback from my peers and teacher have helped me in improving my work, from the ancillary tasks to my final production. However I do feel like feedback has been rather limited for this project compared to the AS project, this could be due to the lack of time, as we have had to create a whole short film, whereas last year we just created a two minute film opening. However like I said, I have shown some of my peers, and my teacher has also given me critical advice, which definitely progressed my work.

The ancillary tasks, which consisted of the Film Review and Poster, both had changes made to them, this was due to class feedback, where they gave me their personal opinions and views on my first drafts. My review, needed small subtle changes to it, for example, they though using the same picture that was on my Poster for the review would link it all together a lot better, the feedback also gave me confidence in what I had already created, such as the star rating. However looking back at my overall finished task, I do think improvements can still be made after reflection, especially the review itself, I think I could of written a more detailed and structures review. The other task was the Poster, which again over a period of time I altered and changed, with the most important advice being I needed to change the font as some of the writing, such as the actors names, the audience were unable to read, as it wasn’t very clear or bold. I think my main influences and where I got the majority of feedback was by looking and researching official review websites such as ‘Total Film’ and looking at Film posters online, as researching these gave me a clear view as to what I needed to have featured in my tasks, and how I could improve them.
However when trying to get feedback on my actual final production I struggles a lot more in gaining the correct critical help to improve my film, this was mainly due to the fact all the filming was done at home, and when it came to editing my film, I did it my free time, when my class peers were not around. Again however my teacher did view my work after the first lot of editing, and she gave me advice and things I could do to improve the work, such as “include narrative when scenes cut to the children walking” and “use better light when entering the house to make the scene more clearer” in which I took on board, and choose to do another day of filming, just to gain those extra scenes and cuts that made a huge difference in the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment